Samantha Amend | The Turmeric Co.
0 view cart

Samantha Amend

Speciality: GB ultra athlete

Occupation & Short bio about yourself: Full Time IT role as a Premier Support Account Manager for various companies but over 17 years. I have worked full-time since my children were young as a relationship manager supporting IT/Finance/Retail large customers in the UK and Europe. This involves some travel, finding solutions to problems and managing customers demands. For me to afford to train and keep afloat I need to work and therefore requires a lot of juggling childcare, activities and also a high level running career.

I am a 40 years old motivated GB ultra athlete who likes to challenge herself and find new opportunities. Although I was always a middle distance runner at school the love of running was from a young age. Endurance running started from 2006 having wanted to run the London marathon. With an addictive personality I knew that first one was unlikely to be the last. and held back from long distances to focus on the marathon for a solid 10 years between having 2 children. The rest is history and having run close to 40 marathons, countless half’s and other distances I stepped up to the longer distances in 2016. Last year was reigned the British UK 100k and 50k champion, and run for GB in 50k/100k and this October qualified for the World championships for 24hr.

Hobbies & Interests: Running ( of course), dancing and also the beauty of the outside space so I love to explore and appreciate the countryside.

What are your thoughts on The Turmeric Co. products: They taste good which is a start, the flavours have a bit of a kick, as they are small it means its simply a swig of liquid. I am more for natural remedies and why Turmeric suits my needs along with the anti-inflammatory effects. If you look at non westernised Indian people they self heal and do not need to see doctors regularly due to the amount of natural spices in their diet.