Here is a funky turmeric root recipe idea…Banana Bread! A family household favourite is a fantastic way to use up over-ripe bananas. Perfect slightly toasted but best still warm, straight out of the oven!
Turmeric root and ginger are the stars of the show here – giving the bread extra flavour without having to over sweeten the mixture.
– 3 ripe bananas
– 1/2 cup (65g) of ground almonds
– 1/2 cup (65g) of buckwheat flour
– Thumb sized piece of ginger
– Thumb sized piece of fresh turmeric root
– 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
– 1 tsp of baking powder
– 3 eggs
– 1/2 cup (150ml) Almond milk
– Tsp of nut butter (we prefer almond or cashew)
– A generous squeeze of honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a bread tin with greaseproof paper
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Put aside
- Mash the bananas. Keep them still a bit chunky and not completely mashed
- Peel and grate the ginger and turmeric roots. Add to the mashed banana.
- Add the eggs, nut butter, almond milk and honey to the banana mix. Whisk together
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and combine thoroughly.
- Transfer into a baking tin and bake for around 45 mins or until golden brown.